Saturday, September 27, 2008



Confessions...
Ok, i admit i end up sharing my thots on other issues rather than cakes! truth is blogging is an impulsive thing for me; i get these 'insightful' ideas and i quickly rush down to my laptop to 'pen down' my 'brain surge', so pls go with the flow.Like i said in one of my earlier posts, im not a very formal person, so if my thots dont conform to a sequence of events, just know it's life's drama at work.
By the way, im tempted to write about my avid interest in the American politics and my die-hard support for Obama (unfortunately, he is black, so i have a hard time explaining to people im rooting for him, not becos of the colour of his skin, but) for the mere fact that his story is an 'improbable' one- the perfect example of the American dream- the story-book -like tale of A kenyan-American! (Pls watch him deliver his keynote address at the 2004 DNC on Utube).
I dont knw why people 'hacked' Bill Clinton for the use of the word 'fairytale' while describing Obama's policies on the campaign trail. I 100% agree with Bill, Obama's ideologies are truly a fairlytale. Who doesnt wish for a fairytale!, so as an 'Obamamama' i say 'bring it on!'
As for Sarah Palin, it's a pity my evangelical brethren are carried away with this prolife-prochoice debacle. it's intriguing to say most evangelicals vote the same way- whoever Pat Robertson or James Dobson vetos. Inasmuchas Im an avid viewer of the 700 Club and have read insightful and powerful books by Dr Dobson, I cant be 'subliminally influenced'!
Personally, i feel abortion is a moral issue so it should be up to individuals to keep their accounts with God. I also think it's logical to legalise abortion, so more people can come forward and with good counselling, many unintended pregnancies can be saved with good adoption options.
I must reiterate that i believe human rights begin at conception, however, life isnt cut and dry, in d case of incest and rape, 'omo', the prerogative is mine o not the unborn child's!
Anyways, like they say this prayer in yoruba 'mi o ni r'aburu o!' - i see no evil!So sister Sarah, i dont agree with ur extreme 'pro-lifeness'. I'll try and cull an article i read on the TIME mag website by Jane Smiley, about the pro 'yadi-yadi-yada' . It's a masterpiece...maybe in my nxt post (hopefully!).
p.s if u wish to send a comment, then go to info@cakeflair.net.

9/26/08
by Juliet Nnamdi-Uzoezie
Delete
Edit